Saturday, March 01, 2008

I'm at the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign for my on-campus session with students in my Civic Entrepreneurship Course in the Graduate Library and Information Sciences program.

It's always a stressful time for me because they make such sacrifices to be here and I feel pressed to make it a very useful time. Fortunately, I have two things going for me. First, Jill (my GA for one more week) has done a great job organizing a field trip to the American Library Association Archives to research the historical roots of libraries as the university of the people and the center for civic education. Second, I have stayed in the Illini Union so often that it feels homey. It's not my decorating style and the beds are not nearly as comfortable as my own, but it IS familiar.
Illini union

There is a really cool interactive map where you can see all of the rooms around here. Well, I guess I'll climb under those scratchy sheets and get some sleep. After a hectic day of packing and then traveling, I don't think I'll have any problem sleeping. I've got a hectic day AND week ahead of me. If you don't believe it, check out my calendar!

More later...

No comments: