Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Blogger labels my e-mail as spam?

Several of my friends are not getting my e-mails. Finally one person investigated and determined this from her ISP:

I did a bit of research and it turns out that sometimes folks who send email from an account associated with Blogger (like your friend's account below – i.e., austin-pacific.com) have been added to blacklists. So your invitingchange server checks to see if the incoming email is on a list of know spammers, sees that the domain is associated with one of Blogger's servers that is on their blacklist, and won't let the email through. This is Blogger's fault – they need to correct the issue with the blacklist companies (e.g., Spamhaus), so there is nothing to be done except use a different email address.

That seems to be it! Presumably both your friends are bloggers on Blogger?

I want my e-mail credibility back, but I can't find a way to make that happen. Help!

No comments: