Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Random Ideas to Explore Re: Libraries

On April 24, I will be delivering the keynote and a workshop for the Prairie Area Library Services day-long meeting outside of Chicago. A former student from my days of teaching Change Management invited me, but I seem to be struggling to put together a brief description of my talk. So I started jotting down notes and phrases as they came to me. I still don't have the topic nailed down, but I needed a place where I would remember these ideas:

  • Libraries: Antidote to economic stress and personal distress
  • Riding the Shark: Tools for Thriving in Tough Times
  • But I Don't Even Know How to Spell "Entrepreneurship"
  • Opportunities for Entrepreneurship
  • Libraries on the Edge
  • Innovation and Entrepreneurship: value of public libraries in supporting sustainable communities.
  • 2009: The Year of the Library
  • Value
  • Changing the Story
  • Writing Our Own Story
  • Pebbles in Teapots
  • Boiling, but Blooming: Taking Advantage of Tough Times or "But I Don't Even Know How to Spell Entrepreneurship!"
  • New Metaphors for Libraries and Communities
  • When the Going Gets Tough,
  • New Roles for Libraries
  • Why Tough Times are Good News
  • Tough Times:
  • Taking Charge of Change: Thriving and ____ Through Tough Times
  • What We can Learn From Tough Times
  • Making Friends and Winning Over Enemies in Tough Times
  • Tools for Tackling Tough Times
  • Turn your thinking inside out
  • Pardon me ma'am, your metaphor is showing
  • Thinksters
Now back to figuring out what it is I REALLY want to say!

No comments: