Friday, March 30, 2007

A Correction...Already!

In my last post, I noted that I was the only challenger because the most recent edition of our weekly newspaper only listed the two incumbents with me as the sole challenger. Apparently, the paper left out the name of the other challenger who had been listed in previous editions. I know this because the notification of "order of listing on the ballot" just came out and sure enough, there are four names listed. So, my apologies for not mentioning the other "challenger" in my last blog. I was only going by what my paper said...which just goes to show you that we STILL (perhaps even more) need librarians for information. We know the best intentioned newspapers make mistakes, but a librarian would hunt out information like a hungry bloodhound but wouldn't pounce on it without verifying the primary source or evaluating its credibility.

1 comment:

M. Huffman said...

Hi Taylor,

Came across an article and wondered if you were the same individual my husband (Henry Huffman) who worked for the Santa Clara Co. Library & the city of San Jose became so successful under as a learner/reader in San Jose. My e-mail address mismartyh@yahoo.com