Saturday, March 10, 2007

Taylor Leaps into the Election Fray!


OK, so running for a position on the 2007 Salado Library Board of Trustees is hardly a "fray", but this is my first (and likely my only) run for public office. Running for public office appeals to my civic-mindedness. It just plain feels good to have a passion for something and step into the unfamiliar - the running, not the ultimate job. As far as the job is concerned, I feel completely qualified. I'll post more about that later, but I couldn't resist starting my campaign by pointing out that I've been preparing for a Library Trustee job for a very long time and here's a bit of proof! BTW, I'm trying to work fudgecicles into my platform since this, my first, library obviously allowed ice cream as evident by the chocolate dribble down my midrift!


No comments: